Feeling keen to try a tri? Ready to run a fun run?
- Christchurch City Council Events lists all sorts of events in Canterbury (formerly Be There).
- Sport Canterbury lists events that they are running this year. They are responsible for organising many different sport and physical activity related events in Canterbury.
- Multisport lists multisport events of all types from beginner to expert, from around the South Island.
- Cool Running gives information on running and walking events around New Zealand.
- SportzHub's Adventure Sport provides the latest on events that enable people to get into the wilderness. They aim to help foster people into the outdoors, and have discussion forums and links to local clubs and other facilities.
Walk! Hikoi! Savali! Put some spring in your step and boost your wellbeing at The Breeze Walking Festival.
The Festival explores the best locations Christchurch has to offer over 16 days including beaches, forests, ridgelines, wetlands and city streets.
The JD Duathlons strive to provide a variety of race options for all levels and do so in a professional and safe manner. The events are suitable for all ages and fitness levels so long as you can run and ride a bike.
The annual Hellers Pegasus Fun Run/Walk is back. It's a perfect excuse to dust off your running shoes and start spring by setting a goal.
You'll enjoy being part of an event that follows Pegasus Lake, weaving through the wetlands and forest tracks of the Tuhaitara Coastal Park, with stunning views across to the Canterbury foothills.
Come along to CultureFest showcasing the Selwyn District’s cultures with activities including ethnic have-a-go sessions, sports and games.
Join this month-long celebration of cycling in Christchurch.
Join other mountain bikers racing against the clock to complete as many laps as they can in either 10 or 6 hours in McLeans Forest Park. You can compete as part of team or as an individual.
Join this Rakaia Lions fundraiser event around the Rakaia River and its riverbed. There is something for everyone - competitive and non-competitive, individual or teams.
Race up and around the crater rim of the beautiful and picturesque Port Hills.
The Sri Chinmoy Races are fun events for all, running up and down the Sumner Esplanade.
This is an amazing 5km obstacle-course run through the CBD of Christchurch.
- The Breeze Walking Festival
- JD Duathlon Series for all ages
- Hellers Pegasus Fun Run Walk
- CultureFest in Selwyn
- Hunter Civil 10-Hour Day/Nighter
- Jackson Holmes Salmon Run
- Crater Rim Ultra
- Sri Chinmoy Races in Sumner
- CBD Stampede
- Torpedo7 Wicked Rogaine Spring Series
- Cheviot Hills Run and Ride
- Pink Star Walk
- Boulder Bay Classic
- Banks Peninsula Walking Festival
- Shoe Clinic Bell Hill Challenge
- Selwyn Running Festival
- Fidelity Life Corporate Challenge
- Sri Chinmoy Pegasus Bay Classic
- Pak n Save Triathlon Festival
- ASB Summer Starter