The Sri Chinmoy Races are fun events for all, running or walking up and down the Sumner Esplanade. Three distances are available: 10km (for 14 years and over), 5km (for 12 years and over), and 2.5km (under 13 years).
Dates: Sunday 15th October 2017
Time: 9am. Registration from 8.15am.
Cost: $20 for the 10km and 5km events. $10 for the children's 2.5km. Discounts available for under 20s, students and over 60s.
This fun family-friendly event is held three times a year - February, July and October.
Medals are awarded to the top three male and female finishers in each event.
The Lotus-Heart Restaurant will be providing a post-race breakfast from 9.30am. The meal is complimentary for all participants. Supporters are welcome to purchase breakfast for $7.
The international Sri Chinmoy Marathon Team is a non-profit organisation conducted by the Sri Chinmoy Centre. The races are held as a service to the running community to promote self-transcendence through sports.
- The Breeze Walking Festival
- JD Duathlon Series for all ages
- Hellers Pegasus Fun Run Walk
- CultureFest in Selwyn
- Hunter Civil 10-Hour Day/Nighter
- Jackson Holmes Salmon Run
- Crater Rim Ultra
- Sri Chinmoy Races in Sumner
- CBD Stampede
- Torpedo7 Wicked Rogaine Spring Series
- Cheviot Hills Run and Ride
- Pink Star Walk
- Boulder Bay Classic
- Banks Peninsula Walking Festival
- Shoe Clinic Bell Hill Challenge
- Selwyn Running Festival
- Fidelity Life Corporate Challenge
- Sri Chinmoy Pegasus Bay Classic
- Pak n Save Triathlon Festival
- ASB Summer Starter