We are lucky to have a great variety of open spaces in Canterbury for recreation. Why not pack a picnic or some sports gear or bikes and spend an afternoon enjoying the great outdoors!
Why not spice things up by visiting a different playground or park each week...
- Playgrounds in the Selwyn District for families and children (SDC)
- Parks, reserves and sports fields in the Selwyn District (SDC)
- Playgrounds in the Waimakariri District for families and children (WDC)
- Parks and reserves in the Waimakariri District (SDC)
- Waimakariri River Regional Park (Environment Canterbury)
- Ashley Rakahuri Regional Park (Environment Canterbury)
- Northern Pegasus Bay (Environment Canterbury)