Active Canterbury provides up to 4 hours FREE one-on-one mentoring for community activity providers. Find out how to apply for the next round of this initiative.
The Personal Trainers Council of NZ runs a mentoring service to support exercise professionals new to the industry or looking to grow their business.
Sport Canterbury is helping support local activity providers to make their classes into an Approved Strength and Balance Programme. These classes will aim to reduce falls for older people aged 65 years and over.
This teaching programme is designed for community groups and organisations who want to deliver their own series of informal nutrition education sessions with groups of older people.
Join Active Canterbury for an afternoon of ideas at this workshop for activity providers in the Selwyn District on Saturday 14th October 2017.
This one-day workshop from Exult will help you hone your skills in creativity and innovation and provides practical tools for encouraging your colleagues to get involved.
Get Set Go! an essential workshop for organisers of community recreation programmes and events.
Learn all there is to know about organising programmes and events:
- Designing programmes to suit your community;
- Getting the right venue, equipment and accessibility;
- Risk Management;
- Managing Volunteers; and
- Effective evaluations.
Attend this course with New Zealand's leading educational integrated dance company, providing classes, workshops and performance opportunities for people with disabilities.
Come along to this conference featuring the latest in science and business for the fitness and exercise industry in NZ.
- FitEx Conference from Exercise NZ
- Jolt Inclusive Dance Teacher Training
- Get Set Go Workshop for community event and programme organisers
- Growing Great Ideas Workshop from Exult
- Workshop: Selwyn Activity Provider Day
- Seniors Eating Well: A nutrition teaching programme
- Become an Approved Strength and Balance Programme
- Mentoring service from Personal Trainers Council of NZ
- Mini-mentoring available for community activity providers