ACC, the NZ Health Sector and Regional Sports Trusts have joined forces to support the development of Approved Community Group Strength and Balance Classes throughout New Zealand. The aim is to help reduce the number of falls in our older population.
Sport Canterbury is helping support local activity providers to make their classes into an Approved Strength and Balance Programme.
Download and information sheet on becoming an Approved Strength and Balance Programme, including the nine criteria set by ACC.
You can also contact the following Sport Canterbury staff for more details:
- Rebecca Logan (03 373 5043 or rebecca.logan[at]sportcanterbury.org.nz); or
- Jess Fairbrass (03 375 4860 or jess.fairbrass[at]sportcanterbury.org.nz).
- FitEx Conference from Exercise NZ
- Jolt Inclusive Dance Teacher Training
- Get Set Go Workshop for community event and programme organisers
- Growing Great Ideas Workshop from Exult
- Workshop: Selwyn Activity Provider Day
- Seniors Eating Well: A nutrition teaching programme
- Become an Approved Strength and Balance Programme
- Mentoring service from Personal Trainers Council of NZ
- Mini-mentoring available for community activity providers