Attend this two-day inclusive dance training course in Christchurch. All of the sessions will include practical exploration of techniques in an inclusive environment. No dance or teaching background is necessary.
Dates: Saturday 28th and Sunday 29th October 2017.
Times: 9am to 4pm each day.
Location: To be confirmed.
Cost: $130 per person. A early bird discounted rate of $120 per person is available.
The programme covers:
- Basic movement and dance skills;
- Warm up and large group activities;
- Adapting activities;
- Structuring and planning a class;
- Creating an open space;
- Structures for improvisation;
- Engagement techniques; and
- Reverence of touch and connection.
Contact Lyn Cotton for more information or to book your place (021 152 8600 or lyncotton[at]hotmail.com).
Jolt Dance is New Zealand's leading educational integrated dance company, providing classes, workshops and performance opportunities for people with disabilities. Their work is based on the belief that everyone has the right to dance.
- FitEx Conference from Exercise NZ
- Jolt Inclusive Dance Teacher Training
- Get Set Go Workshop for community event and programme organisers
- Growing Great Ideas Workshop from Exult
- Workshop: Selwyn Activity Provider Day
- Seniors Eating Well: A nutrition teaching programme
- Become an Approved Strength and Balance Programme
- Mentoring service from Personal Trainers Council of NZ
- Mini-mentoring available for community activity providers