A Green Prescription (GRx) gives you access to personalised physical activity advice and support, including:
- Free consultations with a qualified and experienced physical activity coach where you can talk through:
- Your lifestyle and current level of physical activity
- any barriers you have to being more active
- a plan of activity suited to your individual needs, and activities you will enjoy
- Access to the Be Active programme which gives participants the opportunity to:
- try a range of activities
- discuss topics that support a healthy lifestyle
- enjoy the support of the other participants and Green Prescription staff
- Entry to ‘Have a Go’ sessions where you can try an activity at low cost.
You need a referral to get a Green Prescription, and you do this by one of the following methods:
- Completing a Green Prescription Self Referral form.
- Calling the Green Prescription team at Sport Canterbury on 0800 ACTIVE (0800 22 84 83).
- Asking your doctor or practice nurse on your next visit to your medical practice.
- Calling your medical practice and requesting a Green Prescription referral.
A member of Sport Canterbury's Green Prescription team will contact you to organise a consultation once your referral is complete.
Sport Canterbury have a series of home-based activity sheets for those in the Green Prescription programme, including:
Other activity sheets are available from Sport Canterbury such as weights activities, mat exercises, and swiss ball and dynaband activities.