The Banks Peninsula Adventure Race is an adventure race starting from a mystery location somewhere on the Peninsula. There are 2 duration options: 6 hours or 10 hours.
Competitors will trek and bike their way through native bush, streams, farmland and trails before reaching the finish. The course will be kept secret until the day of the race and you will receive your maps just before race start so you can plan your strategy and route choice.
Teams of 3 or 4 people are required, with prizes for the fastest teams in each gender and age category.
Date: Sunday 1st December 2019.
Start Time: 8am for the 10-hour event, and 9am for the 6-hour event.
Start Location: A secret until 1 week before the event.
- 10-hour event: $110 per person for adult teams, and $90 per person for junior teams (under 20); and
- 6-hour event: $90 per person for adult teams, and $70 per person for junior teams (under 20).
Find out more about the Banks Peninsula Adventure Race, including gear requirements and how to enter.
This event is a fundraiser for New Zealand athletes travelling to the World University Orienteering Championships in Russia next year.
- Jackson Holmes Salmon Run
- Pink Star Walk
- JD Duathlon Series
- Boulder Bay Classic
- Wicked Rogaine Spring Series
- Devil's Dash
- Banks Peninsula Walking Festival
- Mission Mt Somers
- Hunter Civil 10-Hour Day/Nighter
- Bell Hill Challenge
- Selwyn Running Festival
- Corporate Challenge 5K
- Valley Ultra
- Woodbury Hill Country Challenge
- Sri Chinmoy Pegasus Bay Classic
- Krayzie K's
- RealSwim Race Series
- Here Comes The Bridle Path
- Pak n Save Triathlon Festival
- Longbeach Coastal Challenge
- Colour Zone Run
- Bridge to Bridge Mountain Bike Ride
- Banks Peninsula Adventure Race
- Sri Chinmoy Christmas Dash
- Hanmer Holiday Homes Alpine Marathon
- Canterbury Half Marathon