The Christchurch leg of the Plunket Fun Run is happening around the perimeter of North Hagley Park. Run or walk alongside or ‘in the shoes of’ the mums, dads, grandparents, aunties, uncles and caregivers who give their all 24 hours a day to raise future generations.
There are three distances you can register to run or walk:
- 3km for families with younger children in prams, carriers and buggie;
- 6km for families with older children. Buggies/prams allowed in this distance; and
- 24km for a group or as a relay
This event is a non-competitive fun run or walk, and is open to all ages and fitness levels!
Date: Saturday 6th April 2019.
Start Time: 10am for the 24km event. Shorter distance events will have staggered start times.
Location: North Hagley Park.
Cost: From $5 for under 16s for the 3km and 6km events. Children under 5 are free.
Find out more about the Christchurch Plunket Fun Run, including how to enter online. Entries close 24 hours before the event begins.
Every registration goes in the draw to win some amazing spot prizes from Asics, Huggies, Colgate, Blue Dinosaur, Pics, Lisa's, Harraways and more! There will be a BBQ and food and coffee trucks at the end of the course.
This is a great event for anyone training for a big run they have coming up - or simply a fun day out with friends and/or family!
You can still support Plunket if you don't want to participate. You can make an instant donation by texting FUNRUN to 2448 or you can support someone running by donating online to their Raise a Bundle page.
- KPMG RealSwim Race Series
- SwimEars Adventure Race
- Ride the Rakaia
- The Press Run to Remember
- Sanitarium Weet-Bix Kids TRYathlon
- Sri Chinmoy Sumner Esplanade
- Frontrunner Lake Crichton Series
- Lions Ashley River Ramble
- Christchurch Motorway Half Marathon
- XRACE Christchurch
- Rakahuri Rage
- Christchurch 10km Series
- Rolleston Colour Fun Day
- Wicked 10th Anniversary Rogaine
- Hanmer MTB Race
- Stadium Challenge
- Kaiapoi Fun Run
- Walk for Dementia
- Le Race
- Omihi School Farm Race
- Arrowsmith 2019 Races
- Sea 2 Sky Challenge
- Muddy Good Run Christchurch
- Sri Chinmoy Waimairi Beach Challenge
- Christchurch Plunket Fun Run 2019
- Get Coloured by CanInspire Colour Fun Run
- Tai Tapu Run Festival