The Christchurch leg of the Plunket Fun Run is happening in the Groynes Reserve. Run or walk alongside or ‘in the shoes of’ the mums, dads, grandparents, aunties, uncles and caregivers who give their all 24 hours a day to raise future generations.
There are three distances you can register to run or walk:
- 3km for families with younger children in prams, carriers and buggies, or first-time runners;
- 6km for families with older children or individuals who are new to running who want something to train for. Buggies/prams allowed in this distance; and
- 10km for experienced runners or those wanting to push themselves.
This event is a non-competitive fun run or walk, and is open to all ages and fitness levels!
Date: Saturday 29th March 2020.
Start Time: 10am. Briefing at 9.45am.
Location: Groynes Reserve (Groynes Drive, Northwood).
- 3km event: $15 for adults; $5 for children under 16s and under fives are free.
- 6km event: $20 for adults; $10 for children under 16s and $2 for under fives.
- 10km event: $30 for adults; $15 for children under 16s and $5 for under fives.
Find out more about the Christchurch Plunket Fun Run, including how to enter online (Facebook).
Every registration goes in the draw to win some amazing spot prizes!
This is a great event for anyone training for a big run they have coming up - or simply a fun day out with friends and/or family!
You can still support Plunket if you don't want to participate. You can make an instant donation by texting FUNRUN to 2448 or you can support someone running by donating online to their Raise a Bundle page.
- Canterbury Trail Series
- Christchurch Motorway Half Marathon
- Lions Ashley River Ramble
- Frontrunner Lake Crichton Series
- Kaiapoi Fun Run
- The Press Run to Remember
- Rakahuri Rage
- Krank It
- XRACE Christchurch
- Christchurch 10km Series
- Wicked Chinatown Rogaine
- The Bucket Run
- Le Race
- Hanmer MTB Race
- Omihi School Farm Race
- Wicked Rogaines Autumn Series
- Cancer Society Relay for Life
- Sea 2 Sky Challenge
- Muddy Good Run Christchurch
- Christchurch Plunket Fun Run
- Arrowsmith Thee Races
- Just for Girls Rogaine Series
- Greatest Virtual Run
- Forest Run Fest: Autumn Edition
- Mt Oxford Odyssey
- Zonta Yellow Rose Run and Walk
- Hagley Relays
- Red Zone 6