Come and be part of the fun at the largest fun run in the South Island on Sunday 24th March 2019. The City2Surf is an event for the young and old, the serious and not-so-serious, individuals, teams, schools and families.
There are two distances for walkers and runners, both finishing at the Ferrymead Playing Fields:
- 14km Star Media City2Surf: starting 9am at Pioneer Stadium’s Centennial Park. Assemble by 8.45am.
- Sport Canterbury 6km: starting 10am at Hansen Park (Opawa). Warm-up from 9.40am.
No dogs, bicycles or rollerblades permitted.
Children 10 years and under are free! They must be accompanied by a participating adult.
The $25 entry fee includes:
- Refreshment on the course and at the finish line,
- Live music,
- Free children’s entertainment,
- Free entry into Ferrymead Heritage Park on the day, and
- Your chance to win major and spot prizes!
Find out more about the 2019 City2Surf, including how to enter.
The Athlete's Foot have organised a series of FREE training runs to help you prepare for the City2Surf. All welcome.
Dates: Tuesdays from 13th February to 20th March 2019.
Start Time: 6.30pm. Meet at 6.15pm.
Start Location: South Hagley Park (by the netball courts).
City2Surf entrants who are not a member of the YMCA can qualify for a FREE YMCA Health and Fitness gym membership until the day of the race. Charges apply for some group fitness classes.
Download the voucher for free YMCA City2Surf membership. Contact your local YMCA for more information on this free membership offer.
- KPMG RealSwim Race Series
- SwimEars Adventure Race
- Ride the Rakaia
- The Press Run to Remember
- Sanitarium Weet-Bix Kids TRYathlon
- Sri Chinmoy Sumner Esplanade
- Frontrunner Lake Crichton Series
- Lions Ashley River Ramble
- Christchurch Motorway Half Marathon
- XRACE Christchurch
- Rakahuri Rage
- Christchurch 10km Series
- Rolleston Colour Fun Day
- Wicked 10th Anniversary Rogaine
- Hanmer MTB Race
- Stadium Challenge
- Kaiapoi Fun Run
- Walk for Dementia
- Le Race
- Omihi School Farm Race
- Arrowsmith 2019 Races
- Sea 2 Sky Challenge
- Muddy Good Run Christchurch
- Sri Chinmoy Waimairi Beach Challenge
- Christchurch Plunket Fun Run 2019
- Get Coloured by CanInspire Colour Fun Run
- Tai Tapu Run Festival