Come and be part of the fun at the largest fun run in the South Island on Sunday 22nd March 2020. The City2Surf is an event for the young and old, the serious and not-so-serious, individuals, teams, schools and families.
There are two distances for walkers. joggers and runners, both finishing at the Ferrymead Playing Fields:
- 14km: starting 9am at Pioneer Stadium’s Centennial Park. Assemble by 8.45am.
- 6km: starting 10am at Hansen Park (Opawa). Warm-up from 9.40am.
No dogs, bicycles or rollerblades permitted.
Children 10 years and under are free! They must be accompanied by a participating adult.
The $25 entry fee includes:
- Refreshment on the course and at the finish line,
- Live music,
- Free children’s entertainment,
- Free entry into Ferrymead Heritage Park on the day, and
- Your chance to win major and spot prizes!
Find out more about the 2019 City2Surf, including how to enter.
The Athlete's Foot have organised a series of FREE training runs to help you prepare for the City2Surf. All welcome.
Dates: Tuesdays from 13th February to 20th March 2019.
Start Time: 6.30pm. Meet at 6.15pm.
Start Location: South Hagley Park (by the netball courts).
City2Surf entrants who are not a member of the YMCA can qualify for a FREE YMCA Health and Fitness gym membership until the day of the race. Charges apply for some group fitness classes.
Download the voucher for free YMCA City2Surf membership. Contact your local YMCA for more information on this free membership offer.
- Canterbury Trail Series
- Christchurch Motorway Half Marathon
- Lions Ashley River Ramble
- Frontrunner Lake Crichton Series
- Kaiapoi Fun Run
- The Press Run to Remember
- Rakahuri Rage
- Krank It
- XRACE Christchurch
- Christchurch 10km Series
- Wicked Chinatown Rogaine
- The Bucket Run
- Le Race
- Hanmer MTB Race
- Omihi School Farm Race
- Wicked Rogaines Autumn Series
- Cancer Society Relay for Life
- Sea 2 Sky Challenge
- Muddy Good Run Christchurch
- Christchurch Plunket Fun Run
- Arrowsmith Thee Races
- Just for Girls Rogaine Series
- Greatest Virtual Run
- Forest Run Fest: Autumn Edition
- Mt Oxford Odyssey
- Zonta Yellow Rose Run and Walk
- Hagley Relays
- Red Zone 6