The Greatest Virtual Run aims to be the largest virtual run in the world while raising funds for Running on the Spectrum.
You can complete the event wherever you are, with friends, family or solo. You can chose to walk, run or cycle over one of the following distances:
- 21.1km (half marathon);
- 42.2km (marathon);
- 150km; or
You can complete the distances in one run, or the two longest distances (150 and 300km) can be completed cumulatively over the entire month of April 2019.
Dates: Friday 19th to Monday 22nd April 2019.
You will receive a running bib to print and wear on your run, as well as a Finisher’s Medal - just like a regular race. There will also be spot prizes too - just like a real fun run!
Find out more about the Greatest Virtual Run NZ, including how to register.
All proceeds from the event will go to Running on the Spectrum which aims to provide Australian and New Zealand children with Autism the opportunity to join a supportive and understanding running programme. All children in the programme receive a tailored fitness program, access to online support and a new pair of running shoes. Running provides an amazing outlet for those on the Spectrum, as it provides focus, achievement and helps reduce anxiety.
- Arrowsmith 2019 Races
- Sea 2 Sky Challenge
- Muddy Good Run Christchurch
- Sri Chinmoy Waimairi Beach Challenge
- CYC Amazing Race
- Torpedo7 Wicked Rogaine Autumn Series
- Christchurch Plunket Fun Run 2019
- Get Coloured by CanInspire Colour Fun Run
- Tai Tapu Run Festival
- Pegasus Town Lions Club Charity Mud Run
- Greatest Virtual Run
- Forest Run Fest
- Red Zone 6
- Hanmer Four Square Half Marathon
- Sri Chinmoy Hagley Park Ultra
- Winter Worlds
- Jennian Homes Mothers Day Fun Run Walk
- Bivouac Outdoor Mt Isobel Challenge
- Lincoln University Off Road Walk/Run
- Sri Chinmoy Sumner Esplanade