The Hanmer Holiday Homes Alpine Marathon, Half Marathon and 10km is a unique race through beautiful scenery from Lake Tennyson, high in the alpine environment of the St James and Molesworth Stations following the Clarence River along quiet gravel roads, and crossing Jacks Pass before descending to the picturesque village of Hanmer Springs.
Date: Saturday 7th December 2019.
Start Time: 7.35am for the marathon, 8am or 9.45am for the half marathon, and 11.15am for the 10km event.
Meeting Location: Hanmer Springs Domain (Jacks Pass Road, Hanmer Springs).
Cost: $125 for the marathon, $90 for the half-marathon, and $60 for the 10km event. Discounts are available for juniors (12 to 17 years) in the half-marathon and 10km events.
Participants will be transported to the start location by bus. Marathon buses leave early (6.15am) then there are staggered transport transfers for the other events. Ensure you are at the Domain 15 minutes prior to your bus departure, as there will be no transport available if you miss your bus.
Numbers for this event are limited due to DOC constraints so register early to avoid disappointment. Walkers are welcome to race in the 21km half marathon and the 10km race.
Find out more about the Hanmer Holiday Homes Alpine Marathon, including how to register.
- Jackson Holmes Salmon Run
- Pink Star Walk
- JD Duathlon Series
- Boulder Bay Classic
- Wicked Rogaine Spring Series
- Devil's Dash
- Banks Peninsula Walking Festival
- Mission Mt Somers
- Hunter Civil 10-Hour Day/Nighter
- Bell Hill Challenge
- Selwyn Running Festival
- Corporate Challenge 5K
- Valley Ultra
- Woodbury Hill Country Challenge
- Sri Chinmoy Pegasus Bay Classic
- Krayzie K's
- RealSwim Race Series
- Here Comes The Bridle Path
- Pak n Save Triathlon Festival
- Longbeach Coastal Challenge
- Colour Zone Run
- Bridge to Bridge Mountain Bike Ride
- Banks Peninsula Adventure Race
- Sri Chinmoy Christmas Dash
- Hanmer Holiday Homes Alpine Marathon
- Canterbury Half Marathon