Grab the family, chuck a leash on the dog or gently place your wee cherub in the front/back pack for a fun morning of exercise and some awesome views when walking The Bridle Path!
Date: Saturday 23rd November 2019.
Start Time: 8am.
Start Location: Christchurch side of the Bridle Path track - right by the Christchurch Gondola.
Cost: $10 per person.
The historic Bridle Path walkway was originally constructed in 1850. It was the foot route across the Port Hills for Canterbury's first European settlers travelling between Lyttelton and Christchurch. There are a number of memorial seats for the pioneers and the first four ships on the walkway. Climb a steep gravel track to the Summit Road and the Crater Rim walkway - if starting from the city side. There is a distinctive hexagonal stone shelter by the road that commemorates the pioneer women of Canterbury.
- Jackson Holmes Salmon Run
- Pink Star Walk
- JD Duathlon Series
- Boulder Bay Classic
- Wicked Rogaine Spring Series
- Devil's Dash
- Banks Peninsula Walking Festival
- Mission Mt Somers
- Hunter Civil 10-Hour Day/Nighter
- Bell Hill Challenge
- Selwyn Running Festival
- Corporate Challenge 5K
- Valley Ultra
- Woodbury Hill Country Challenge
- Sri Chinmoy Pegasus Bay Classic
- Krayzie K's
- RealSwim Race Series
- Here Comes The Bridle Path
- Pak n Save Triathlon Festival
- Longbeach Coastal Challenge
- Colour Zone Run
- Bridge to Bridge Mountain Bike Ride
- Banks Peninsula Adventure Race
- Sri Chinmoy Christmas Dash
- Hanmer Holiday Homes Alpine Marathon
- Canterbury Half Marathon