The Peace Train will take participants on a 10km ride to several faith-based sites in and around central Christchurch - starting at the Al Noor Mosque and finishing at the Linwood Mosque. Cantabrians are invited to join the all-ages ride.
Date: Sunday 26th May 2019.
Start Time: 1.30pm.
Start Location: Masjid Al Noor Mosque (101 Deans Avenue, Riccarton).
The ride will finish between 3 and 4pm with a very light afternoon being provided at the Salvation Army Citadel (177 Linwood Avenue, Linwood) - in light of Ramadan.
Participants who want to be shown around the mosque should arrive a little earlier than 1.30pm.
This event has been organised by passionate cyclist and survivor of the Linwood mosque attack Mazharuddin Syedahmed, and his cycling contacts including Canterbury DHB Health Promoter Meg Christie and Winter Solstice Ride founder Ian Wells. Mazhar will help lead this memorial cycle ride - in the hope of promoting love, unity and peace across the nation.
The ride will travel to the Buddhist Temple, Hari Krishna Temple, the Jewish Synagogue, St Mary’s Catholic Pro-Cathedral, Oxford Terrace Baptist Church, the Cardboard Cathedral and the Salvation Army Citadel. A two-minute greeting, peace message and blessing will be given by the appropriate religious leader at each visited site.
- Bivouac Outdoor Mt Isobel Challenge
- Lincoln University Off Road Walk/Run
- Winter Worlds
- Peace Train memorial ride
- Wicked Rogaine Winter Night Series
- Sri Chinmoy Sumner Esplanade
- Christchurch Marathon
- Holloway Memorial Cross Country Races
- Canterbury Duathlon Series
- SouthernCross CX Season
- Heights of Winter Rogaine
- Sri Chinmoy Cross-Country Race
- Bridge to Bridge North Mountain Bike Ride
- Mud Sweat and Tears Challenge
- Forest Run Fest: Frost Edition