The PhysioMed Women's Triathlon and Duathlon has been held in Christchurch for over 25 years. This event is perfect for women over 13 years of age and who have never taken part in a triathlon or duathlon before.
You can enter as an individual or as part of 2 or 3-person team - with workmates, friends or family. There is also a new mum's category where you can do the last run/walk section with your baby (up to 18 months) in a buggy. An adult can also buddy up with an enthusiastic young lady (10 to 13 years) for either of the short course options for the price of an individual.
The event is held over 4 distances:
- Short course triathlon: 100m swim, 10km bike and 3km run or walk;
- Long course triathlon: 200m swim, 20km bike and 5km run or walk;
- Short course duathlon: 1km run or walk, 10km bike and 3km run or walk; and
- Long course duathlon: 1km run or walk, 20km bike and 5km run or walk.
Date: Sunday 9th February 2020.
Start Time: 8am. Race briefing at 7.40am.
Start Location: Selwyn Aquatic Centre (Broadlands Drive, Rolleston).
Cost: $50 for an individual or buddy up entry, and $65 for a team. A $20 late fee will apply to entries received after Tuesday 4th February 2020.
Find out more about the PhysioMed Women's Triathlon and Duathlon, including how to enter.
This challenge is especially designed for first time Triathlon or Duathlon or if you have entered an event before and struggled with motivation, knowledge and the fun factor. It is an opportunity to get support, fitness, knowledge and make friends.
- Christmas Twilight Rogaine
- RealSwim Race Series
- Wicked Christmas Rogaine
- Shoe Clinic Asics 5K Series
- Canterbury Summer Rogaine Series
- The James Mountainsport Series
- Zoggs Big Wave Event
- Wine Run
- Sri Chinmoy 30km, 10km and Kids 2.5km
- Christchurch 10km Series
- Pegasus Bay Vine Run
- Corsair Classic Triathlon and Duathlon
- Frontrunner Lake Crichton Series
- SwimEars Adventure Race
- Walk for Dementia
- PhysioMed Women's Triathlon and Duathlon
- Sri Chinmoy Sumner Esplanade
- Sheffield Rugby Mountain Bike Race