The Sheffield Rugby Mountain Bike Race gives breath-taking views from privately owned properties with great country hospitality. This year's event has three separate races:
- a 12km recreational ride;
- a 25km MTB Race; and
- a new 11km trail run.
Date: Sunday 17th February 2019.
Start Time: 10am. Registration from 8am and briefing at 9.45am.
Start Location: 981 Dalethorpe Road - turn off State Highway 73 between Sheffield and Springston (45 minutes from Christchurch).
Cost: $50 per person (13 years +) if paid before Sunday 10th February. You can register on the day for $60 per person.
The run is on two privately owned farms, through tussock, farm tracks and paddocks. There's a relaxed country atmosphere with bouncy castle, BBQ and refreshments.
This event raises money for local kids' sports clubs. There will be cash and spot prizes on the day.
Find out more about the Sheffield Rugby Mountain Bike Race, including how to enter.
- Frontrunner Lake Crichton Series
- Wine Run
- Christchurch 10km Series
- Sri Chinmoy 30km, 10km and Kids 2.5km
- The Shoe Clinic Asics 5K Series
- KPMG RealSwim Race Series
- Canterbury Summer Rogaine Series
- Corsair Classic Triathlon and Duathlon
- Cheviot Hills Challenge
- Pegasus Bay Vine Run
- PhysioMed Women's Triathlon and Duathlon
- Red Zone 6
- Sheffield Rugby Mountain Bike Race
- SwimEars Adventure Race
- Ride the Rakaia
- The Press Run to Remember
- Sanitarium Weet-Bix Kids TRYathlon
- Sri Chinmoy Sumner Esplanade
- Lions Ashley River Ramble
- Christchurch Motorway Half Marathon
- XRACE Christchurch
- Rakahuri Rage
- Rolleston Colour Fun Day