Give cyclocross a go or race in the SouthernCross CX series. You can bring your mountain bike (MTB) along for the Give-it-go and development category event for all ages (starting at 11am).
CX bikes are encouraged for the race event (starting at 12.30pm) - but you can compete on your MTB with tyres up to 42mm wide. SouthernCross will be loaning out some sets of CX tyres - if your 29er is compatible.
You register on the day from 9.30am for each round. The cost is $20 for adults and $10 for juniors (or free with a racing parent) per round. There will be a free mini-course for under 8s.
A discount is available if you wish to enter all rounds.
There are 6 rounds in the series:
- Sunday 5th May - Rawhiti Domain;
- Sunday 19th May - Ferrymead Heritage Park;
- Sunday 9th June - Lake Roto Kohatu;
- Sunday 23rd June - Spencer Park;
- Sunday 7th July - Hagley Park; and
- Sunday 28th July - Ferrymead Heritage Park.
- Winter Worlds
- Canterbury Duathlon Series
- Mud Sweat and Tears Challenge
- Forest Run Fest: Frost Edition
- SouthernCross CX Season
- Sri Chinmoy Sumner Esplanade
- Lakeside Relays
- South Island Half Marathon
- CYC Amazing Race
- JD Duathlon Series
- Wicked Rogaine Winter Night Series
- Governors Bay to Lyttelton Road Race
- Christchurch 10km Night Series
- Canterbury Mountain Bike Series