Summertimes is packed full of fun events over the summer months in Christchurch and Canterbury.
Here are just some of the fabulous free family-friendly activities for your diary!
Break out your bathers Christchurch! Pool parties are back at the Christchurch City Council pools!
- Sunday 10th December: Tots and Toddlers (Te Hapua Halswell Centre).
- Saturday 16th December: School's out for summer (Jellie Park).
- Sunday 14th January: Summer pool party (Lytellton Pool).
- Saturday 27th January: Teenagers (Waltham Pool).
- Saturday 3rd February: Farm Yard Fun (Te Hapua Halswell Centre).
- Saturday 17th February: Tots and Toddlers (Waltham Pool).
- Sunday 11th March: Final Splash Down (Jellie Park).
Come along and see a FREE movie - the first movie will be for children, followed by a later screening for adults. Bring something to sit on and cash for food and drinks.
Dates: Friday 8th December 2017, Thursday 11th January, Friday 12th January, and Friday 9th February 2018.
Time: 6pm and 8pm
Location: North Quad at the Arts Centre.
The Cheapskates Skate Skool wants to help get you out rolling this summer! Learn free trick tips from a friendly team of instructors at various locations across Greater Christchurch. There will be free gear hire plus prizes up for grabs in the competition, music and a free BBQ.
- Friday 19th January: Belfast Skate Jam (Sheldon Park).
- Saturday 27th January: Bishopdale Skate Jam (Bishopdale Park).
Spectacular kites of all varieties and sizes will flutter and soar at this annual event, delighting children and adults alike.
Date and Time: Saturday 20th January 2018, from 1 to 4pm.
Location: New Brighton Beach - North Side (Marine Parade, New Brighton).
Come along to this family fun day on Waitangi Day to celebrate everything we love about Greater New Brighton.
Date and Time: Tuesday 6th February 2018, from 11am to 3pm.
Location: Thomson Park (93 Marine Parade, North New Brighton).
- Summer in Selwyn
- Christmas Cracker Triathlon
- Petanque in the Park
- The Shoe Clinic Asics 5K Series
- Christchurch Walk/Run 10km Series
- Canterbury Summer Rogaine Series
- Hagley Hunger Run
- Frontrunner Lake Crichton Series
- The James Mountainsport Series
- Sri Chinmoy 30km, 10km and Kids 2.5km
- Pegasus Bay Vine Run
- Corsair Classic Triathlon and Duathlon