Walk! Hikoi! Savali! Get ready to stride into spring at The Breeze Walking Festival. The Festival is a chance to discover new places, learn more about old hangouts, try fun activities and above all to enjoy spring sunshine and good company.
This year's festival will run from Saturday 28th September to Sunday 13th October 2019 to coincide with the school holidays.
There will over 50 walks catering to people from all walks of life: from child-friendly jaunts to more challenging treks for the experienced walker.
There’s a walk for you whether you’re a fan of the outdoors, local history, art, wildlife, socialising, or keeping fit.
Some walks require bookings and have limited numbers. Bookings open on Monday 26th August 2019.
Family friendly feature walks are highlights of this year's festival, including:
- Dogs’ Day Out in the Zone (Sunday 29th September);
- Gruffalo Explorers (Wednesday 2nd October);
- The Generation Game at Travis Wetland (Sunday 6th October);
- Pukeko Stomp (Tuesday 8th October) and
- Adventure on Te Ara Ihutai Christchurch Coastal Pathway (Sunday 13th October).
View the online programme for The Breeze Walking Festival. You can pick up a copy of the programme from your local Library, Service Centre or Recreation and Sports Centre.
Tune into The Breeze 94.5FM during the Festival for more details. You can also contact the Festival organisers for more information (walkingfestival[at]ccc.govt.nz or 03 941 5333).
Active Canterbury gives helpful tips on starting out walking and other useful resources if you’re a beginner or new to walking.
Find out about local walking groups (Greater Christchurch Sport and Recreation Guide)
- The Breeze Walking Festival
- Muddy Good Run Rangiora
- Christchurch 10km Night Series
- Crater Rim Ultra
- Wicked Rogaine Spring Series
- Jackson Holmes Salmon Run
- Pink Star Walk
- Boulder Bay Classic
- Devil's Dash
- Mission Mt Somers
- Hunter Civil 10-Hour Day/Nighter
- Bell Hill Challenge
- Selwyn Running Festival
- Corporate Challenge 5K
- Valley Ultra
- Woodbury Hill Country Challenge
- Sri Chinmoy Pegasus Bay Classic
- Krayzie K's
- Here Comes The Bridle Path
- Pak n Save Triathlon Festival
- Longbeach Coastal Challenge
- Colour Zone Run