A Run to Remember is a charity fun run and walk to honour those who lost their lives during the February 2011 earthquake.
The run starts in Victoria Park and heads up along the Port Hills before turning down Rapaki track and finishing in Hansen Park (Opawa).
The total distance is 10km - a good challenge for runners and walkers of all levels.
Date: Sunday 24th February 2019.
Start Time: 9am for runners and 9.05am for walkers. Race briefing at 8.40am.
Start Location: Victoria Park (Cashmere).
Cost: $20 for adults, $15 for children (5 to 16 years), under 5s free.
Find out about more about The Press Run to Remember, including how to enter and to download a 6-week training calendar.
Online entries open on 1st January 2019. You can contact Candace Moir at Sport Canterbury to register before online entries open (candace.moir[at]sportcanterbury.org.nz.
All proceeds raised from the event will benefit the New Zealand Red Cross.
- Frontrunner Lake Crichton Series
- Wine Run
- Christchurch 10km Series
- Sri Chinmoy 30km, 10km and Kids 2.5km
- The Shoe Clinic Asics 5K Series
- KPMG RealSwim Race Series
- Canterbury Summer Rogaine Series
- Corsair Classic Triathlon and Duathlon
- Cheviot Hills Challenge
- Pegasus Bay Vine Run
- PhysioMed Women's Triathlon and Duathlon
- Red Zone 6
- Sheffield Rugby Mountain Bike Race
- SwimEars Adventure Race
- Ride the Rakaia
- The Press Run to Remember
- Sanitarium Weet-Bix Kids TRYathlon
- Sri Chinmoy Sumner Esplanade
- Lions Ashley River Ramble
- Christchurch Motorway Half Marathon
- XRACE Christchurch
- Rakahuri Rage
- Rolleston Colour Fun Day