A Run to Remember is a charity fun run and walk to honour those who lost their lives during the 2010 and 2011 earthquakes.
The run starts in Victoria Park and heads up along the Port Hills before turning down Rapaki track and finishing in Hansen Park (Opawa).
The total distance is 10km - a good challenge for runners and walkers of all levels. New for 2020 is the Life Education 2.5km Stride event in Hansen Park.
Date: Sunday 8th March 2020.
Start Time: 9am for runners and 9.05am for walkers for the Run to Remember - briefing at 8.40am. 10.30am for the Life Education 2.5km Stride.
Start Location: Victoria Park (Cashmere).
- Run to Remember: $25 for adults (16 years and over), $15 for children (5 to 15 years) and under 5s free. Discounts are available for teams of 10 and families (2 adults and up to 3 children).
- Life Education 2.5km Stride: $10 for adults, $5 for children and under 5s free.
Find out about more about The Press Run to Remember, including how to enter. You can contact Candace Moir at Sport Canterbury for more information (candace.moir[at]sportcanterbury.org.nz).
All proceeds raised from the event will support the Post Hills restoration. Online entries have the option to "Donate a Plant to Canterbury". You can make this donation on behalf of a school, sports club, family, or as a gift.
- Shoe Clinic Asics 5K Series
- Canterbury Summer Rogaine Series
- RealSwim Race Series
- Pegasus Bay Vine Run
- Corsair Classic Triathlon and Duathlon
- Frontrunner Lake Crichton Series
- Canterbury Trail Series
- SwimEars Adventure Race
- Christchurch 10km Series
- Walk for Dementia
- PhysioMed Women's Triathlon and Duathlon
- Sri Chinmoy Sumner Esplanade
- Sheffield Rugby Mountain Bike Race
- Ride the Rakaia
- La Grande Swim
- Sanitarium Weet-Bix Kids TRYathlon
- Christchurch Motorway Half Marathon
- Lions Ashley River Ramble
- Kaiapoi Fun Run
- The Press Run to Remember
- Rakahuri Rage
- XRACE Christchurch