The 27th March event of this series will be a fundraiser for the victims of 15th March. $5 will be donated for every paying participant to the Christchurch Shooting Victims Fund on Give A Little.
These fun rogaines on the Port Hills are suitable for gurus to newbies: 1-hour and 2-hour options are available.
Anybody that has a moderate level of fitness can participate. A high level of navigation ability is not required.
Wicked Kids Fun Rogaines will also be held to encourage kids - especially those under 7 years - to get outside and try rogaining. Kids and families are welcome to come and have a fun time.
- Wednesday 27th March 2019: Sugarloaf Scenic Reserve;
- Wednesday 3rd April 2019: Mt Pleasant; and
- Wednesday 10th April 2019: Sumnervale Reserve.
Start Time: 6pm. Maps available from 5.30pm.
Cost: $25 per adult and $20 for students. $20 per team for the Wicked Kids Fun Rogaine. Kids 12 years and under are free with one paying adult. Discounts are available if you sign up for the whole series. A $5 late fee will be charged for entries on the evening.
Find out more on the Wicked Rogaines website, including about training clinics for first-timers.
Rogaining involves teams of two to five members visiting as many checkpoints as possible in the time allowed. Checkpoints are scored differently depending on level of difficulty in reaching them; therefore teams choose a strategy (such as to visit many low score checkpoints) and route selection becomes a vital component.
Teams travel entirely on foot, navigating by map and compass between checkpoints in terrain that varies from open farmland to hilly forest. Teams travel at their own pace and anyone from children to grandparents can experience the personal satisfaction that comes from cross-country navigation at their own level of competition and comfort. Team members stay within earshot of each other.
The best thing about rogaining is the social aspect. Everyone starts at the same time, and generally finishes at the same time - it is just the amount of ground that has been covered by teams that differs. Rogaining can be held in city environments or in farmland and bush, and you get to visit parts of the country you never knew existed.
- Arrowsmith 2019 Races
- Sea 2 Sky Challenge
- Muddy Good Run Christchurch
- Sri Chinmoy Waimairi Beach Challenge
- CYC Amazing Race
- Torpedo7 Wicked Rogaine Autumn Series
- Christchurch Plunket Fun Run 2019
- Get Coloured by CanInspire Colour Fun Run
- Tai Tapu Run Festival
- Pegasus Town Lions Club Charity Mud Run
- Greatest Virtual Run
- Forest Run Fest
- Red Zone 6
- Hanmer Four Square Half Marathon
- Sri Chinmoy Hagley Park Ultra
- Winter Worlds
- Jennian Homes Mothers Day Fun Run Walk
- Bivouac Outdoor Mt Isobel Challenge
- Lincoln University Off Road Walk/Run
- Sri Chinmoy Sumner Esplanade