TWALK is a 24-hour team orienteering event organised by the Canterbury University Tramping Club.
It is split into five legs - each around 15 to 20 kilometres long. Each leg has around 10 to 20 controls, which will be hidden on features marked on a map and described by a cryptic clue. You will be given an event map at the beginning of leg one and a list of cryptic clues.
The first leg begins at noon and is compulsory, as it leads from where you are dropped off to the Hash House (the base of operations). Competitors may choose to participate in as many or few of the remaining legs as they choose over the next 24 hours - there is a compulsory 30 minute break between legs.
Dates: Saturday 18th and Sunday 19th May 2019.
Meeting Time: 8am on Saturday.
Meeting Location: UCSA carpark - off Ilam Road.
Cost: $65 for students; $110 per person for others. This covers entry fee, transport and food.
Participants will travel by bus to the mystery start location on Saturday morning, stay overnight, and be dropped back in the city on Sunday evening (around 6pm).
Find out more about TWALK, including a gear list for participants.
- Pegasus Town Lions Club Charity Mud Run
- Greatest Virtual Run
- Forest Run Fest
- Red Zone 6
- Hanmer Four Square Half Marathon
- Sri Chinmoy Hagley Park Ultra
- Winter Worlds
- Jennian Homes Mothers Day Fun Run Walk
- Bivouac Outdoor Mt Isobel Challenge
- Lincoln University Off Road Walk/Run
- Sri Chinmoy Sumner Esplanade
- Christchurch Marathon
- Canterbury Duathlon Series
- Sri Chinmoy Cross-Country Race