XRACE is like a giant board game brought to life - think The Amazing Race meets Monopoly.
Teams are made up of a parent and child aged 6 to 13 years, and you must race together side-by-side.
Date: Sunday 9th March 2019.
Start Time: From 10am.
Start Location: Halswell Quarry Park (185 Kennedys Bush Road).
Cost: $66 per team (1 adult and 1 child) and $15 for Nippers (3 to 6 years). Family passes (2 teams) are also available.
The best part about XRACE is that it is totally inclusive. Challenges are a combination of physical, technical, mental and creative. There are sections your child will excel in and sections you must work together.
You don't even need to be super-fit or sporty to excel at XRACE. It’s your choice whether you run or walk your way around the course. All you need to do is be prepared for the best family bonding experience ever.
Find out more about the Christchurch New Zealand Loans XRACE, including how to enter and what to bring.
The Nippers Challenge is our very special XRACE, just for the little ones aged under 6 years.
Nippers are the curtain-raiser and start 30 minutes before the main XRACE.
Parents are welcome to charge over the course with them, or let your little Nipper loose with organisers taking careful care of them on the course.
- Frontrunner Lake Crichton Series
- Wine Run
- Christchurch 10km Series
- Sri Chinmoy 30km, 10km and Kids 2.5km
- The Shoe Clinic Asics 5K Series
- KPMG RealSwim Race Series
- Canterbury Summer Rogaine Series
- Corsair Classic Triathlon and Duathlon
- Cheviot Hills Challenge
- Pegasus Bay Vine Run
- PhysioMed Women's Triathlon and Duathlon
- Red Zone 6
- Sheffield Rugby Mountain Bike Race
- SwimEars Adventure Race
- Ride the Rakaia
- The Press Run to Remember
- Sanitarium Weet-Bix Kids TRYathlon
- Sri Chinmoy Sumner Esplanade
- Lions Ashley River Ramble
- Christchurch Motorway Half Marathon
- XRACE Christchurch
- Rakahuri Rage
- Rolleston Colour Fun Day