Looking to expand your knowledge and skills to work with a range of population groups?
Exercise as Medicine NZ is launching a certification course - in conjunction with Exercise NZ and REPs NZ.
- Auckland: Monday 4th to Friday 8th March 2019; and
- Christchurch: Monday 11th to Friday 15th March 2019.
This internationally recognised 5-day course is delivered by experienced university lecturers and was developed in conjunction with The Wright Foundation (UK). The course tackles a wide range of medical topics and also provides a thorough understanding of the setting up, development, and management of a successful Exercise as Medicine scheme.
This certification is recognised by the REPs for 20 CPD points and additional endorsement.
The learning outcomes and objectives include:
- Key definitions and concepts relating to exercise, health and fitness;
- The relationship between exercise and health;
- The importance of motivation and behaviour change. How to maintain behaviour change/behavioural strategies; and
- The aetiology and pathology of common conditions including coronary heart disease, musculoskeletal diseases, respiratory diseases, Diabetes Mellitus and mental health issues.
You will learn about the exercise limitations and requirements in population groups like obesity, hypertension and diabetes and the main contra-indications to exercise, risk factors, warning signs, symptoms and medical emergencies.
The course costs $695 plus GST with a 20 percent discount available for REPs registered trainers.
Email Exercise NZ if you are interested in registering for this course or for more information (eam[at]exercisenz.org.nz). Please inclide the following details in your email:
- Your Name;
- Your Job Title; and
- Your Preferred Venue (Auckland or Christchurch).