Warm up this winter by coming along to Active Canterbury's next FREE workshop for community activity providers.
The afternoon will include opportunities to network, hear from industry experts, find out about latest innovations, and participate in practical demonstrations.
You’ll also gain 2.5 CPDs if you attend the entire workshop.
Date: Saturday 15th June 2019.
Time: 12.30 to 4.30pm.
Location: Pioneer Recreation and Sports Centre (75 Lyttelton Street).
- Physio Corner: Pelvic Floor Matters - What every exercise professional needs to know.
- Tai Chi - Integrating simple tai chi moves into your warm ups and cool downs.
- ‘Fall Play’... adding variety into exercise programmes - This practical session will be a summary of Sally Castell’s (‘Movement Matters’) presentation at the Australian & New Zealand Falls Prevention Conference last November in Hobart.
- Pump with Options - Learn from two of Canterbury's best Group Instructors as they give us a taste of how to use different types of weights in a class format.
- Nordic Walking: Not just a walk in the park - How Nordic walking can be ideal for clients with mobility and other issues.
- Neuroplasticity - Why it's a game changer.
Register online now for the Winter Activity Providers Workshop from Active Canterbury. Registrations close on Friday 7th June 2019 - be quick as places are limited.
Tertiary students and trainee instructors are welcome!
Contact Workshop and Training Coordinator Kris Tynan for more information (021 262 8886 or kris.tynan[at]xtra.co.nz).
Here is some feedback from previous workshop attendees:
- "Great day, great atmosphere"
- "The knowledge and skills I have gained will definitely enrich my classes and benefit my students"
- "Great variety of information at a good level"
- "Inspiring and energetic"