Looking for a sport, activity or place to be active? Use the following links to connect with local groups and explore options near you.
The Greater Christchurch Sport and Recreation Guide is a fantastic starting place for you to find information about sports clubs, classes, groups and programmes, and facilities. There is something for everyone, regardless of age or ability - from qigong to ten pin bowling!
Use the following links to go directly to the section of the Guide you are interested in. Then you can use the menu bar to search for the Sport or Activity you would like to find. You can narrow your search by location to see what is available near you.
Can’t find what you’re looking for? Need help to select a suitable activity? Contact the friendly team at Sport Canterbury for helpful advice (03 373 5060).
- Search for activities on Community Information Christchurch (CINCH) - an online community directory managed by Christchurch City Libraries.
- Use Meetup to find local sport and fitness related groups and connect with others with similar interests.
- EventFinda lists upcoming sports and outdoor events coming up in Christchurch and Canterbury.
- Explore tracks, facilities, pools, reserves, parks and playgrounds in Canterbury.
- Find out about the Be Active Programme – an 8 week ‘have a go’ support programme run by the Sport Canterbury.