New content added this month:
- NEW page with activity advice for pregnant women or new mums.
- Events happening in August and September including the Christchurch 10km Winter Series.
- Details of The Breeze Walking Festival for 2018 now available.
- The latest Active Canterbury Newsletter (July-August 2018).
- Upcoming training opportunities such as GX Master Classes with Marietta Mehanni.
Active Canterbury on Facebook has the latest local events and happenings on physical activity.
Here are some snippets on the latest physical activity research or news that we found interesting.
Ageing adults often experience declines in cognitive function over time. Some research suggests that exercise may slow those declines.
A team of researchers at the University of Iowa decided to motivate people to get up and exercise more by turning everyday exercise into a game using a web-based app.
A national exercise expert says being active during childhood helps with brain development and leads to lower rates of degenerative diseases later in life.
The Active Canterbury Newsletter is produced bi-monthly and aims to keep local physical activity providers informed. It has a focus on latest physical activity research, upcoming education and training opportunities, key events and tips on how to practically apply research and industry tools.
View the latest newsletter: AC Network Newsletter July-August 2018