New content added this month:
- Applications are now open for next round of mini-mentoring (March to May 2018).
- Events happening from now until May including Red Zone 6.
- Upcoming training opportunities like workshops for organisers of community recreation programmes and events.
- Awareness dates: Parks Week and Walk2Work Day.
- Latest Active Canterbury Network Newsletter (March/April 2019).
Active Canterbury on Facebook has the latest local events and happenings on physical activity.
Here are some snippets on the latest physical activity research or news that we found interesting.
ExerciseNZ chief executive Richard Beddie says New Zealand is rated 10th best in the world for gym membership but we have some of the worst physical inactivity levels globally.
New Australian research has found that people produce greater muscle strength and body tone when their exercise is supervised compared with unsupervised exercise.
The American College of Sports Medicine has recently released the annual results of its worldwide fitness trends survey.
The Active Canterbury Newsletter is produced bi-monthly and aims to keep local physical activity providers informed. It has a focus on latest physical activity research, upcoming education and training opportunities, key events and tips on how to practically apply research and industry tools.
View the latest newsletter: AC Network Newsletter: March-April 2019