New content added this month:
- Applications are now open for next round of mini-mentoring (March to May 2018).
- Events happening in October and November including the Hellers Pegasus Fun Run.
- NEW Awareness dates: Biketober and Move for Movember.
- Upcoming training opportunities such as the Spring Activity Providers workshop.
- Latest Active Canterbury Network Newsletter (September/October 2018).
Active Canterbury on Facebook has the latest local events and happenings on physical activity.
Here are some snippets on the latest physical activity research or news that we found interesting.
Recent studies have shown that exercise can have a positive impact on gut health.
Ageing adults often experience declines in cognitive function over time. Some research suggests that exercise may slow those declines.
A team of researchers at the University of Iowa decided to motivate people to get up and exercise more by turning everyday exercise into a game using a web-based app.
The Active Canterbury Newsletter is produced bi-monthly and aims to keep local physical activity providers informed. It has a focus on latest physical activity research, upcoming education and training opportunities, key events and tips on how to practically apply research and industry tools.
View the latest newsletter: AC Network Newsletter September-October 2018