New content added this month:
- Events happening from June to August including the Torpedo7 Wicked Rogaine Mid Winter Series.
- The latest Active Canterbury Newsletter (May-June 2018).
- Specific events now listed for children and young people, including Children's Cross Country.
- Upcoming awareness dates and campaigns such as Bowel Cancer Awareness Month.
- Upcoming training opportunities such as GX Master Classes with Marietta Mehanni.
Active Canterbury on Facebook has the latest local events and happenings on physical activity.
Here are some snippets on the latest physical activity research or news that we found interesting.
A national exercise expert says being active during childhood helps with brain development and leads to lower rates of degenerative diseases later in life.
The Ministry of Health has launched a package of free online resources aimed at getting children aged five and under to play regularly and have quality sleep.
Exercise is even better than thinking for the health of your brain says Harvard psychiatry professor John Ratey.
The Active Canterbury Newsletter is produced bi-monthly and aims to keep local physical activity providers informed. It has a focus on latest physical activity research, upcoming education and training opportunities, key events and tips on how to practically apply research and industry tools.
View the latest newsletter: AC Network Newsletter May-June 2018