Feeling keen to try a tri? Ready to run a fun run?
- Christchurch City Council Events lists all sorts of events in Canterbury (formerly Be There).
- Sport Canterbury lists events that they are running this year. They are responsible for organising many different sport and physical activity related events in Canterbury.
- Multisport lists multisport events of all types from beginner to expert, from around the South Island.
- Cool Running gives information on running and walking events around New Zealand.
- SportzHub's Adventure Sport provides the latest on events that enable people to get into the wilderness. They aim to help foster people into the outdoors, and have discussion forums and links to local clubs and other facilities.
Get off the beaten track and explore parts of Banks Peninsula on these guided weekend walks.
This annual event in Pegasus has a wide variety of events to choose from - there is something for everyone from the first time runner to the professional athlete.
The festival atmosphere and safe environment is ideal if you have ever wanted to give a duathlon or triathlon a go.
The ASB Summer Starter is Canterbury's fun run and walk over either 4km or 10km.
Join this run/walk/bike event in Mid Canterbury for all ages and fitness levels.
Take part in the ultimate stair run challenge at AMI Stadium.
Try out petanque at this series of fun events every Sunday during summer.
This event is a truly unique race through beautiful scenery, with marathon, half marathon and 10km options.
This event along the Waimakariri River is suitable to bikers and runners from age 13 upwards, on this scenic but challenging course.
Join this women’s only cycle event based in Methven.
Join this safe family-friendly event in South Hagley Park.
- Banks Peninsula Walking Festival
- Pak n Save Triathlon Festival
- ASB Summer Starter
- Longbeach Coastal Challenge
- Stadium Challenge
- Petanque in the Park
- Hanmer Holiday Homes Alpine Marathon
- Bridge to Bridge Mountain Bike Ride and Run
- Women on Wheels
- Sri Chinmoy Christmas Dash
- Sport Canterbury Tough Kid
- Christmas Cracker Triathlon
- Christchurch Walk/Run 10km Series
- Canterbury Summer Rogaine Series
- Frontrunner Lake Crichton Series
- The James Mountainsport Series
- Sri Chinmoy 30km, 10km and Kids 2.5km