KidsFest is an annual two-week festival designed especially for children up to 13 years in Christchurch City, and Waimakariri and Selwyn Districts. The festival offers a range of sports, games and adventures during the school holidays to help keep kids active.
The festival runs from Saturday 7th to Saturday 21st July 2018.
Here are a selection of some of the activities at KidsFest:
- Pool parties;
- Days in the Park with the CCC Park Rangers;
- Scavenger or treasure hunts;
- Discomania (Thursday 12th and Tuesday 17th July)
- Wild Wonderful Circus World (Friday 13th to Sunday 15th July); and
- Navigational Rampage (Sunday 15th and Monday 16th July).
Kids can also have a go at a new activity such as:
- Ball sports like basketball, netball, rugby, squash or table tennis;
- horse riding;
- ice skating;
- kickboxing or boxing drills;
- martial arts like aikido, karate, kung fu, or judo;
- mountain biking; and
- trampolining or gymnastics.
Find out more about KidsFest. Most activities at KidsFest are either free or low-cost.