Local physical activity providers play a vital role in helping Cantabrians keep active and achieve the recommended levels of physical activity for health and wellbeing.
In Canterbury we are fortunate to have a wide range of providers who run classes and activities across the activity spectrum.
Active Canterbury wants to connect if you run an exercise class, lead a Kapa Haka group, teach hula hooping, take a walking group, or offer any other activity that supports people in the community to move more and be active.
Thank you for visiting and we hope you find this section helpful to your work. Contact us if you have suggestions on how we can enhance this section or would like to connect.
The Active Canterbury Network (ACN) supports local community activity providers to deliver high quality programmes and activities. Our vision is to see local physical activity and group exercise providers delivering great classes and programmes, well connected with others in this field, and having access to top notch education and training opportunities. We do this by:
- Providing FREE education and training workshops and seminars
- Producing a FREE bi-monthly newsletter with ideas and information relevant to activity providers
- Offering support resources and tools to assist and improve programme delivery
- Recognising the important contribution local providers make and promoting their interests
- Using the Active Canterbury brand to add strength to local events and activities
- Linking providers to FREE and low cost promotional channels like CINCH