With our busy lifestyles, it can be hard to do as much as we should. Work and family commitments can get in the way.
The good news is you don’t have to do it all at once. You can ‘snack’ on exercise. Maybe you can’t fit in half hour all at once, but three lots of 10 minutes – that’s not so much, is it?
Here are some ways you can add some more activity into your life:
- Take the stairs instead of the lift.
- Walk to the shops rather than drive.
- Dance to some music – enthusiastically!
- Get off the bus a stop or two early and walk the rest of the way.
- Wash your car by hand.
- Do some energetic gardening.
Find out more about recommended levels and types of physical activity (Ministry of Health).
Here are a couple of fact sheets with some simple ideas to get active daily:
Find out tips for getting active from the Ministry of Health - ideas on how to add physical activity to your day.