We are lucky to have a great variety of open spaces in Canterbury for recreation. Why not pack a picnic or some sports gear or bikes and spend an afternoon enjoying the great outdoors!
Why not spice things up by visiting a different playground or park each week...
- Playgrounds in the Selwyn District for families and children (SDC)
- Parks, reserves and sports fields in the Selwyn District (SDC)
- Parks and playgrounds in the Waimakariri District for families and children (WDC)
- Sports fields in the Waimakariri District (WDC)
- Waimakariri River Regional Park (Environment Canterbury)
- Ashley Rakahuri Regional Park (Environment Canterbury)
- Northern Pegasus Bay (Environment Canterbury)
The Agents of Discovery augmented reality app will be trialled at the Christchurch Botanic Gardens for seven months from Friday 21st December 2018. The free app will help children to experience the Gardens as an adventure playground through a blended virtual world seen through a mobile phone or tablet.
The app is customised to the Christchurch Botanic Gardens environment and will feature quizzes, fun challenges, sounds and pictures targeting two different age groups - four to seven-year-olds and eight to 12 year-olds. The “agent” character for the Gardens is a cartoon piwakawaka (fantail).