Top 5 Christchurch Walks
Find out about other walks in and around Christchurch from 10 minutes to a whole day, from coast to forest and tussocky hills (CCC).
- Walks in the Selwyn District (Sensational Selwyn).
- Waimakariri District walkways (Visit Waimakariri).
- Walks for families in Canterbury (Department of Conservation).
- Department of Conservation tracks and walks in Canterbury (DOC).
- Hurunui Trails.
Find out about walkways and trails in one of Canterbury's Regional Parks:
Join a Department of Conservation ranger for a FREE 90-minute walk until 30th April 2019, either:
- a morning walk around the Castle Hill area. You will learn about the geological origins of these natural limestone sculptures and their cultural significance to Ngāi Tahu; or
- an afternoon walk to the Devil's Punchbowl - one of New Zealand's most stunning waterfalls. You will also learn about the history, flora and fauna of Arthur’s Pass.
Both walks require a low to moderate level of fitness, and appropriate footwear is essential. Both walks include a gradual incline, and the Devil's Punchbowl walk has numerous steps that some may find challenging.
Find out more about the Devil's Punchbowl guided walk (EventFinda).