Get off the beaten track, explore parts of Banks Peninsula not usually open to the public, visit new reserves and appreciate projects in progress. Local guides will lead, inform and inspire you along the way!
Dates: Saturdays and Sundays from 2nd to 24th November 2019.
Cost: Starting from $10. Price depends on the walk.
The Banks Pensinsula Walking Festival has 30 great walks to choose from, including:
- walking the whole of Kaitorete Spit in several stages - a new multi-year challenge for hardy trampers;
- Head of the Harbour hike in Governors Bay for adventurous walkers,
- exploring the new Childrens Bay Farm track on the Akaroa headland;
- great family friendly options such a nature trail at Gibraltar Rock, a night time adventure in Hinewai Reserve and a Pirate’s Treasure Hunt on Quail Island; and
- a weekend tramp for children and teenagers, with overnight stays at both the Packhorse and Rod Donald Huts.
Find out more about the Banks Peninsula Walking Festival, and for details on how to book. Book now as places are limited and popular walks fill up fast.
- Banks Peninsula Walking Festival
- Krayzie K's
- RealSwim Race Series
- Here Comes The Bridle Path
- Pak n Save Triathlon Festival
- Longbeach Coastal Challenge
- Colour Zone Run
- Cheviot Hills Challenge
- Bridge to Bridge Mountain Bike Ride
- Banks Peninsula Adventure Race
- Sri Chinmoy Christmas Dash
- Hanmer Holiday Homes Alpine Marathon
- Canterbury Half Marathon
- Rolleston Kids Triathlon
- Christmas Twilight Rogaine
- Wicked Christmas Rogaine
- Frontrunner Lake Crichton Series
- The James Mountainsport Series
- Zoggs Big Wave Event
- Wine Run
- Christchurch 10km Series