Get off the beaten track, explore parts of Banks Peninsula not usually open to the public, visit new reserves and appreciate projects in progress. Local guides will lead, inform and inspire you along the way!
Dates: Saturdays and Sundays from 3rd to 25th November 2018.
Cost: Starting from $10. Price depends on the walk.
The Banks Pensinsula Walking Festival has 30 great walks to choose from, including:
- experiencing recent fire recovery efforts first hand on the Phoenix walk at the Port Hills Ohinetahi Reserve where a massive planting program is well underway
- heading to Hinewai to appreciate nature’s spectacular work since a massive 2011 fire in the reserve.
- encouraging teenagers to get out into nature on one of the self-guided overnight walks to the Packhorse Hut, Rod Donald Hut or Hinewai Lodge.
- experiencing an exciting new track such as Carew’s Peak and Panama Reserve, or a secret walk in Ellangowan.
- visiting little known Misty Peaks and Te Oka Reserves soon to be further developed.
- taking a rare opportunity to visit all the private covenants at French Farm.
- having an adventure above Little River,
- visiting a potential massive new project at Mt Evans, and
- heading to Diamond Harbour and meet some of the dynamic locals behind walks to be featured in a new brochure.
Find out more about the Banks Peninsula Walking Festival, and for details on how to book. Book now as places are limited and popular walks fill up fast.
Download a print-friendly programme for the Banks Peninsula Walking Festival [PDF]. You can also pick up a copy from the Banks Peninsula Information Centre, the Christchurch i-SITE or local Christchurch City Council library.
- Banks Peninsula Walking Festival
- KPMG RealSwim Race Series
- Longbeach Coastal Challenge
- Pak n Save Triathlon Festival
- Colour Zone Run
- Hanmer Holiday Homes Alpine Marathon
- Bridge to Bridge Mountain Bike Ride
- Great NZ Santa Run
- Christmas Twilight Rogaine
- Canterbury Half Marathon
- Sri Chinmoy Christmas Dash
- Zoggs Big Wave Series
- Christmas Cracker Triathlon
- Torpedo7 Wicked Christmas Rogaine
- Frontrunner SwimRun