Winter Worlds is an iconic road racing series held on the outskirts of Christchurch. It provides all riders years with a simple, safe and fun opportunity to race during winter and have a blast doing it.
The event distance is 42km on a flat easy course. There are entry grades, including two for first-time riders:
- 'No Drop' where the first 30km is ridden as a group and a race over the final 12km, and
- a 15km development grade - also suitable for those under 15 years.
Dates: Every Sunday from 5th May to 4th August 2019.
Start Time: From 10am. Sign in on the day from 9am.
Start Location: Armadillos The Bridge Restuarant and Bar (578 Springs Road, Prebbleton).
Cost: $20 for adults, $15 for secondary and tertiary students and $10 for development grade riders. You can purchase a series pass for all events for $200.
Find out more about the Winter Worlds road racing series. Entry fees can be paid by online banking before 10pm on the Friday before the event, or paid by cash on the day of the event.
- Arrowsmith 2019 Races
- Sea 2 Sky Challenge
- Muddy Good Run Christchurch
- Sri Chinmoy Waimairi Beach Challenge
- CYC Amazing Race
- Torpedo7 Wicked Rogaine Autumn Series
- Christchurch Plunket Fun Run 2019
- Get Coloured by CanInspire Colour Fun Run
- Tai Tapu Run Festival
- Pegasus Town Lions Club Charity Mud Run
- Greatest Virtual Run
- Forest Run Fest
- Red Zone 6
- Hanmer Four Square Half Marathon
- Sri Chinmoy Hagley Park Ultra
- Winter Worlds
- Jennian Homes Mothers Day Fun Run Walk
- Bivouac Outdoor Mt Isobel Challenge
- Lincoln University Off Road Walk/Run
- Sri Chinmoy Sumner Esplanade